Andrew J. Cassey
- Cassey, Andrew J. Forthcoming. "The Location of U.S. States' Overseas Offices" Review of International Economics.
- Cassey, Andrew J. and Katherine Schmeiser. 2013. "The Agglomeration of Exporters By Destination" Annals of Regional Science 51(2): 495–513.
- Cassey, Andrew J. 2012. “California’s Exports and the 2004 Overseas Office Closures” Economic Inquiry, 50(3): 641–651.
- ———. 2011. "State Foreign Export Patterns" Southern Economic Journal, 78(2): 308–329.
- 2008: Ph.D. Economics, University of Minnesota
- 2005: M.A. Economics, University of Minnesota
- 2002: B.S. (summa cum laude) Economics, The Ohio State University.
- 2008–present: Assistant Professor and Extension Economist, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- 2010: Visiting Scholar, Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- 2003–2008: Instructor, Department of Economics, University of Minnesota
FIELDS OF INTERESTS
- International Trade
- Growth and Development
- Industrial Organization
- Regional Economics
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Special Sworn Status, Center for Economic Studies - Seattle RDC, U.S. Census Bureau, 2012–2015, "Understanding Informational Barriers to Trade Using Scor of Exported Products and U.S. State Exporting Promotion Programs"
- Springer Award for Best Paper by early career scholar at WRSA 51st Annual Conference, 2012
- 2011–2013: Washington Community and Economic Development Board "Export Assistance Program" $160,786 with Tom Marsh, subgrant under WSU Small Business Development Center.
- 2007: Walter W. Heller Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Economics, University of Minnesota.