FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Product quality and Industrial organization
- Consumer preferences for food, technology, and information
- Environmental quality and energy
- Ph.D., 1998, Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
- M.S., 1995, Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
- M.A., 1993, Economics, Georgetown University
- B.A., 1989, Business Economics and Political Science, UC Santa Barbara
SELECTED AFFILIATIONS, EDITORIAL & SERVICE POSITIONS
- President-Elect, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA), 2014-15
- Chair of Graduate Studies, 2003-10, 2013-present.
- Affiliate faculty, Program in Viticulture and Enology
- Faculty Associate, Robert Mondavi Center for Wine Economics, University of California, Davis, 2009 - present.
- Associate Editor, European Review of Agricultural Economics, 2012-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Wine Economics, 2006 – present.
CURRENT TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS
- Fall 2014: EconS 594-PhD field in Industrial Organization
CURRENT DOCTORAL ADVISEES
- PhD expected Dec 2014: Georgina Mitchell
- PhD expected May 2015: Zarrina Juraqulova, Tongzhe Li, Alisher Mamadzhanov, Lin Cui
- PhD expected May 2016: Pratikshya Sapkota Bastola
- PhD expected May 2017: Megan Waldrop
- "The Two-Body Problem: An Evaluation of University Partner Accommodation Policies with Implications for Recruitment, Retention, and Promotion of STEM Women,” National Science Foundation #116054-002, (PI: J. McCluskey, with B. Cowan, J. Kmec, & T. Byington, amount: $450,000, dates: 8/16/13 to 8/15/16. See project website at http://dualhire.org/
- "SEP : Consortium for Nature-Inspired Lignocellulosic Biomass Processing,” National Science Foundation #1231085, co-PI with PI Shulin Chen, amount: $1,900,000, dates: 10/1/12-9/30/16.
- “Commercialization of New Crop Varieties,” Emerging Research Issues Internal Competitive Grant, Office of Research, College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences, Washington State University, PI: J. McCluskey, $35,971, 1/1/2014 to 1/31/2015.