- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Pittsburgh, 2008.
- M.Sc. in Economics (with Honors), University of Barcelona, Spain, 2002.
- B.A. in Economics, University of Barcelona, Spain, 2000.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Microeconomic Theory, Game Theory and Industrial Organization.
- Public and Environmental Economics.
- The Signaling Role of Subsidies, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Forthcoming in The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy.
- Can Poorly Informed Regulators Hinder Competition? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Forthcoming in Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Why do Firms Oppose Entry-Deterring Regulation? Environmental Regulation and Entry Deterrence, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Forthcoming in Environment and Development Economics.
- Cooperation and Signaling with Uncertain Social Preferences, with John Duffy. Forthcoming in Theory and Decision.
- The Entry-Deterring Effects of Inflexible Regulation, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Jude Bayham. Canadian Journal of Economics, 2014, 47(1), pp. 298-324.
- Asymmetric Information May Protect the Commons: The Welfare Benefits of Uninformed Regulators, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Economics Letters, 2013, 121(3), pp. 463-67.
- When does Environmental Regulation Facilitate Entry-Deterring Practices? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2013, 65(1), pp. 133-152.
- When do Firms Support Environmental Agreements? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2012, 41(3), pp. 380-401.
- When Should a Firm Expand its Business? The Signaling Implications of Business Expansion, with Esther Gal-Or and Ana Espinola-Arredondo. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2011, 29, pp. 729-745.
- Can Incomplete Information lead to Under-Exploitation in the Commons? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2011, 62, pp. 402-403. (Online Appendix).
- Risk Aversion in Auctions with Asymmetrically Informed Bidders: a “Desensitizer” from Uncertainty with Sandra Orozco-Aleman. Economics Letters, 2011, 112, pp. 38-41.
Competition for Status Acquisition in Public Good Games Oxford Economic Papers, March 2011, pp. 1-19. (Online Appendix).
Free-Riding in International Environmental Agreements: A Signaling Approach to Non-Enforceable Treaties, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo, Journal of Theoretical Politics, 2011, 23(1), pp. 111-134.
- For more on his research, visit his Personal website.
- Research Fellowship. Junta de Andalucia, Spain. 2009.
- Research Award from the paper “Last-Chance Sales: What Makes them Credible?” with Heriberto Gonzalez. Ensayos Revista de Economía and Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 2009.
- Research Fellowship. University of Pittsburgh. Department of Economics. 2006-2008.
- Excellence in Teaching Award. University of Pittsburgh/Theta-Phi-Alpha Sorority. Intermediate Microeconomics. 2006.
- Reuben E. Schlesinger Best 2nd year paper Award. University of Pittsburgh. Department of Economics, 2006.