Jia Yan (CV)
- PhD, Economics. University of California, Irvine, 2002
- MA, Economics, Nankai University, 1997
- BA, Finance, Shaanxi Institute of Finance and Economics, 1993
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Applied Microeconomics, Transportation Economics and Empirical Industrial Organization
- Applied Econometrics
- 08/2013-, Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- 07/2007-08/2013, Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- 2004-2007, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Business, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- 2002-2004, Research Scientist, ChoiceStream, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Econometrics (Ph.D.)
- Mathematics for Economists (Ph.D.)
Best Paper Award (joint with Tae Oum and Chunyan Yu), Transportation Research Forum, 2009
Silver Medal (Harmful Algae Indexing (HaiDex) System, with John Liu, Samuel Lo, K.C. Ho, and T. L. Yip), International Exhibition of Inventions, New Techniques and Products in Geneva, 2008.
Annual Research Award, Faculty of Business, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2006
Best Doctoral Dissertation Award, Transportation and Public Utility Group of American Economic Association, 2003
The Effect of Government Corruption on the Efficiency of U.S. Commercial Airports, with Tae Oum, Journal of Urban Economics, 89, 110-132, 2014
An Analysis of Travel Demand in Japan’s Inter-city Market: Empirical Estimation and Policy Simulation, with Xiaowen Fu and Tae Oum, 48(1), pp. 97-113, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, 2014.
- Book Review for A Handbook of Transport Economics, edited by André De Palma, Robin Lindsey, Emile Quinet, and Roger Vickerman, Journal of Regional Science, Dec. 2012.
SELECTED WORKING PAPERS