- Ph.D., Economics, 1999. North Carolina State University
- M.S., Applied Economics, 1994. Montana State University
- B.A. Biology and journalism, 1990. Indiana University
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Environmental and natural resource economics
- Livestock and zoonotic disease
- Water law and economics
- Wildfire economics
- Contract theory and public policy
- Applied econometrics
- Nziramasanga, M. & J. Yoder. 2013. The check is in the mail: Household characteristics and migrant remittance from the U.S. to Mexico. Applied Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2012. Fuel for the fire: Liability and the economics of wildfire risk. Ch. 3 in Wildfire: Economics, Law & Policy. Taylor & Francis.
- Yoder, J. & Krista Gebert. 2012. An Econometric Model for ex ante prediction of wildfire suppression costs. Journal of Forest Economics . 18(1):76-89
- Galinato, G. & J. Yoder. 2010. An integrated tax-subsidy policy for carbon emission reduction. Resource and Energy Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2008. "Liability, regulation, and Endogenous Risk: Incidence and Severity of Escaped Prescribed Fires in the United States." Journal of Law and Economics.
- Yoder, J., Hossain, I., Epplin, F., & Doye, D. 2008. "Contract duration and the division of labor in agricultural land leases," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Yoder, J., C. R. Shumway, P. Wandschneider, D. Young, H. Chouinard, A. Espinola-Arredondo, S. Galinato, C. Frear, D. Holland, E. Jessup, J. LaFrance, K. Lyons, M. McCullough, K. Painter, L. Stodick. 2008. Biofuel Economics and Policy for Washington State. A Report to the Washington State Legislature and the Washington State Governor's Office. December. 179 pp. plus appendices.
- Chouinard, H. & J. Yoder. 2007. "Repeated Auctions with the Right of First Refusal." B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics.
- Lee, H. & J. Yoder, 2007, "A Bivariate Markov Regime Switching GARCH Approach to Estimate Time Varying Minimum Variance Hedge Ratios," Applied Economics.
- Rucker, R., W. Thurman, & J. Yoder 2005. "Estimating the Speed of Market Reaction to News: Market Events and Lumber Futures Prices." American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2004. "Playing with Fire: Endogenous Risk in Resource Management." American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2002. "Estimating Aggregate Wildlife-Inflicted Crop Damage with Self-Selected Data." Land Economics 78(1):45--59.
- Yoder, J. 2000. "Wildlife on Private Land: Contracting over Wildlife-Inflicted Property Damage and Abatement." Dissertation abstract in recognition of AAEA Outstanding Dissertation Award. American Journal of Agricultural Economics.